Exhibition «T. Rex Encounter», which will be held in English and Spanish, will open at the Museum of History and Science in Denver on Friday, September 16. Fossil lizards, recreated with the help of robotics in the form of interactive models in natural size, include a model of a giant Tyrannosaurus rex named “Sue”, 42 feet long and 12 feet in height. The exhibition will run until January 8, 2012.
1. One of the exhibits.
2. Founder and chief engineer KumoTek Matthew Fisher. KumoTek – the company produced models of dinosaurs. “We tried to make them as close to real, intelligent enough to interact with people,” says Fisher.
3. Programmer company KumoTek Masashiro Ishida at work.
4. Manager, Sean KumoTek Seyker corrects skin the dinosaur, made of latex with silicone.
5. Manager, Sean Baker KumoTek at work.
6. Programmer company KumoTek Masashiro Ishida is responsible for programming the behavior of giant models.
7. Programmer Masahiro Ishida KumoTek company.
8. Rob Dzhurado completes work on a model of a giant Tyrannosaurus rex.